Hey Maki here! We’re winding this year down in terms of convention and cosplay! We only have TWO more Cosplay Mondays posts left of the year! When I met our following featured cosplayer, he was wearing one of the most fierce costumes that I’d ever seen. I had no clue what it was (and still don’t…not really!) but I wanted a photo. The pose he gave was just as fierce. Some months later, we started hanging out and he has been one of my favorite people to be around! His costumes are flashy, colorful and eye grabbing, which can only be matched by his outgoing, outlandish personality! A man of few (typed) words; take a peek into the mind of OtaConner!
1) Describe yourself in 3 words
– Creative, Insane, Passionate
2) Who/what inspires your hobby/craft?
– Beauty and emotion drawn out by the adventure created by fiction.
3) How long have you cosplayed/been going to conventions?
– BUHHH. About 5 years!
4) What was your most memorable cosplay experience?
– Katsucon 2011, being at the night shoot at the fountains, and meeting some of the best people of whom are now a great part of my life.
5) Do you have any advice to up and coming cosplayers?
– Have fun. Screw what other people think. Do what you do for the joy that comes out of it, and not the sorrow.
6) Do you have anything special that you do to get ready for cosplaying?
– I listen to the character’s music and get into character. Or make poop jokes with friends in the hotel room. Either or.
7) What is the origin of your cosplay nickname?
– I love Otacon from the Metal Gear Solid series, and my real name is Connor, so BAM. OtaConnor!
You can keep up with OtaConner on his facebook page!